Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What is this Deliberate Living blog about?

I decided to make this blog about my journey towards Deliberate living and living with less "stuff". I have been pleasure reading about Minimalism and living a more simple life for 8-10 years off and on. Some of the blogs and web pages i have enjoyed, have been more towards small houses and I have enjoyed looking at pictures of how people live with less,and the creativity in living that lifestyle.I also have read blogs and articles on the Minimalist lifestyle,always wanting to take the next step and actually declutter my house and things i have acquired.I just haven't been motivated enough i guess.

Recently through twitter,I was lead to a video on YouTube of a Seattle meet-up that The Minimalist bloggers Ryan Nicodemus and Joshua Fields Millburn had.It was the start of me deciding that if i made a blog it would help me move towards and make steps to becoming a Minimalist,and living a more deliberate lifestyle.The common theme of that Seattle meet up about Minimalism was Living a more deliberate life.So i decided to title the blog  Deliberate Living.

So in starting this blog I hope to talk about and do the following:

Motivate myself to do those things, i have wanted to do. example :like reduce clutter and rid myself of unused items that i have held on to for more than 6 months.

help educate others towards a better more fulfilling way of life.And hopefully help them towards taking action steps to declutter their houses and live a more deliberate lifestyle.

connect with others on the same journey as myself and learn from them.

and many more things too long to mention in this blog post.

So with all of that, I always like to start out by finding what Deliberate or simple living is all about. So according to wikipedia it says:

Deliberate or Simple living encompasses a number of different voluntary practices to simplify one's lifestyle. These may include reducing one's possessions or increasing self-sufficiency, for example. Simple living may be characterized by individuals being satisfied with what they need, rather than   want. Although asceticism  or a lifestyle characterized by abstinence from various worldly pleasures generally promotes living simply and refraining from luxury and indulgence, not all proponents of simple living are ascetics. Simple living is distinct from those living in forced poverty, as it is a voluntary lifestyle choice.

Adherents may choose simple living for a variety of personal reasons, such as spirituality,health, increase in quality time for family and friends,work life balance, personal taste, frugality, or reducing personal ecological footprint and stress.Simple living can also be a reaction to materialism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_living

let me know your thoughts,leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment